Friday, April 11, 2008

Answers and questions

Thanks to Taste I now have several recipes for chicken risotto. Because obviously I am far too lazy to walk downstairs to the 640s - I have only been meaning to do that for months but have never gotten around to it. Well now I don't have to. (I'm not convinced that is entirely a good thing. If one is going to cook risotto, one should probably climb a few stairs.)
"Slamming the boards" is a good idea, seeing as answering questions is what we do, and we know how to find authoritative sources. (Well, I don't know how to get tickets to the American Idol final, but if I left the Entertainment & Music/Television section of Yahoo Answers I might find some questions I could answer. Then again, I COULD answer "What is the song from the last scene of "The Office?" by going to DVD 791.457/OFF, pulling the episode off the shelf and using the public DVD player to watch it.)
I guess like so many things we would need to have time to do it, or be willing to commit time to having staff go on to answer boards. Or have staff who are so committed to being library professionals that they do it in their own time.

No comments: