Thursday, April 3, 2008

yummy del.icio.us

"What are you up to?" a friend asked. "Delicious," I replied. "What's that?" "A website where you store all your websites." "I just add them to favourites." "Yeah, me too." I was dubious about the benefits of this week, but tragically had fun adding websites to my new del.icio.us account. And, as a person who doesn't actually own their own computer, grudgingly admit how useful it could be. (I'm in a grumpy mood this week, so everything will be dubious, tragic, and grudging.)
Useful in a library setting? Yes (she muttered through clenched teeth), adding useful reference sites as we staff come across them so we(and our lovely colleagues) don't have to start from scratch the next time we have a similar enquiry, adding all the sites we use constantly and tagging appropriately....I admit, it would work (mutter mutter). No more complaining when someone deletes all of the "Favourites" I think should be there. No problems with upgrades. Fine! (she throws down her pen in disgust). It is useful.
PS It is good to see bookmobiles are well represented. And my favourite book has a average rating of 4 stars on LibraryThing.

No comments: