Friday, March 28, 2008

Videos, or how to make time disappear really quickly

I fell for You Tube a while back and this clip is the reason why:
This song is from 1998 and the flatmate I was living with at the time owned the single after we both fell for the song on Good News Week. However, when we moved on our separate ways she of course took her CD with her (ah, the perils of share housing). And as it was only released on single it wasn't like I could go out and buy it years later. But thanks to the wonder that is You Tube I finally got to hear the song again. Sigh. And of course, since I discovered You Tube I haven't stopped.
But fancy using it for work purposes! To film author talks and storytime sessions and public events. Or providing library orientations, or lessons on how to use the catalogue. But, as others have noted, there are good (great even) clips. And then there are the not so good ones...

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Yes - Youtube can be addictive as you look at more and more and more videos. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself (and learning as well).

Ellen