Thursday, March 13, 2008

RSSing

So I set up my account and added some feeds. And the next day I checked my account, realised I had been a bit too enthusiastic about adding feeds, so deleted some feeds. And then today, I checked my feeds (today the Powerhouse Museum photo of the day is a Red Kangaroo Paw - but then you all knew that, didn't you?), added a feed to my blog (I've finally gone on an "Adventure") and pondered whether it is useful technology. Conclusion: yes, it is useful to have one site where you check all your favourite sites in one go. Just don't get too excited and subscribe to so many feeds that it stops being convenient and starts becoming a chore. What sites did I pick? Book and film reviews (got to be useful for collection development, right?), words and quotes sites (to learn interesting words and how others have used them effectively), library sites (to see what others are doing), and news sites (so I can pretend to be well informed).

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Good choice of feeds - a mix of work and quirky. And I was so disappointed when I looked up circumbendibus. I was hoping it would describe a public transport trip to Palm Beach, but alas, no.

Victoria